Important Facts about your rights
- No law requires you to get more than one estimate.
- You are not obligated to use any particular shop to obtain repairs.You choose the shop and authorize the repairs. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
- If the accident was not your fault, you have the right to alternative
- transportation for a reasonable amount of time while your repairs
- are being completed.
- Differences in repair estimates are common.of the person writing the estimate and may not include all the necessary parts and repairs.
- If you had a child car seat in your vehicle at the time of the accident let the insurance company know. Even if a child was not in the seat, most manufacturers recommend replacing the seats after accidents because of unknown damage that could have occurred.